- April 26, 2020
- Posted by: Harsh Agarwal
Home insurance policy gives protection for only the building (structure) of your home, or only the content (belongings) of your home, or both as per the coverage opted. The policy covers losses to the structure and/or content of your home, that might occur due to a number of natural and/or man-made calamities.
Why You should have a Home Insurance
The age old adage, “Home is where the heart is” stands true, especially when that home is the result of your hard earned money. A place where you weave your dreams and watch them come to life, your home needs to be secured as much as anything else in life. Home Insurance, also known as property insurance is the best way to keep your house protected. Safeguarding your property from threats like natural calamities, missile test damage, fire, burglary, and other unforeseen events, house insurance offers complete peace of mind and keeps you financially covered for the monetary loss incurred.
In case of an unforeseen loss/damage to your home
- When in an emergency, call us on our 24×7 toll free insurance helpline, 1800 2666, and leave the rest to us
- Provide relevant information, which includes your policy and other details regarding your claim
- We will then authenticate your claim request and escalate it to our claims department
- Once our claims department validates and registers your request, we appoint a surveyor within 48 hours
- You will then need to submit all the relevant documents to the surveyor, after which the surveyor submits the Final Survey Report (FSR), along with the documents, within 7 days
- On receipt of the documents, our claims department processes the claim within 7 days.
claim settlement process
- Duly completed and signed claim form
- Photocopy of policy
- Copy of FIR
- Final report from police
- Copy of all invoices, price lists, and repair estimates
Please note that this is an indicative list and some other documents may be required at the time of claim settlement.If you wish to make a claim, download the Home Claim Form.