What is Shopkeeper Insurance
A shopkeeper insurance policy provides coverage to small and medium shop owners against any damage or loss caused to the shop or its content due to unfortunate events like fire, flood, earthquake, riot, burglary, etc. It also takes care of liability claims.
It is a comprehensive policy which is generally used for covering shops in order to cover the loss or damage to both the structure and it’s contents and against financial loss incase of an unfortunate incident of fire, earthquake, flood, riot, fraud and burglary of cash in safe place and while in transit from bank to shop vice versa etc. It also provide compensation of liability claims and accidental benefits
Benefits Under This Policy : –
- Fire: It covers loss or damage to buildings and contents due to fire, lightening, strike, riot, storm, cyclone, flood etc.
- Burglary:It covers any loss or damage caused by burglary or attempt of burglary to contents in your shop
- Money: It covers loss of money due to burglary of cash in safe place or in transit from shop to bank/atm and bank to shop.
- Fidelity: It covers financial losses due to fraud or dishonest act of salaried employees.
- Cheque ForgeryLoss occurred due to forgery or material alteration of cheques, drafts or any negotiable instruments issued by you or in your favor.
- Marine Transit of Goods: The losses or damage caused to the goods during movement from go down to shop.
- NEON SIGN Neon or glow signs displayed at your shop premises are covered against damage caused by fire, accident, riot & flood
- Glass Breakage This covers loss or damage to any fixed plain glass caused by an accident, external and visible means.
- Public liability:This cover provides for legal liability on behalf of the proposer for accidental death or bodily injury to third party excluding resident employee or domestic staff as well as accidental damage to third party property.
- Personal Accident: Bodily injuries because of accident resulting in death or permanent total disability. It also provides for ambulance charges upto Rs 2000 and in the event of death for carriage of dead body.
- Tenants Legal Liability: It provides for legal liability imposed on you by the property owner on account of damage to property by fire, earthquake, flood riots, etc.
- Employer’s Liability: Covers legal liability to your employees.
- Medical Expenses To Insured: This covers provides benefit for medical expenses, to extent of sum insured under this cover, incurred by the proposer for the hospital treatment against any accident.